Free-Roam Rabbit and Me




About me and my life

Hello! I'm Naho. I'm from Japan and I currently live in New Mexico with my husband and my rabbit. I moved to New Mexico in 2019 with my husband after living in Arizona for about 6 years, on Guam (an island in the Western Pacific) for a year, and in Japan for over 20 years. Sometimes, I miss Japan a lot and contemplate about moving back to Japan. I miss my family and the independence I had in Japan. I even miss Japanese dollar stores and convenience stores!

Mt.Fuji with Plum trees in Japan
Mt.Fuji and Plum Trees, taken in my home town

Even though I lived in Phoenix for quite a long time, I never really liked it there and I felt miserable and was always depressed. I do not like the extreme heat and driving in crazy traffic, and with the rapidly increasing population, Phoenix is becoming more and more like LA. I'm from the countryside and I like peace and quiet. I like looking at the stars at night (you can't see many stars in Phoenix because of the city lights and pollution) and listening to the sounds of nature (you hear air conditioners and sirens in Phoenix). I basically got Cinnamon Bun for emotional support, but I don't carry her around like some people who have emotional support animals. I would carry Cinnamon Bun if she liked it, but she prefers to stay home and do bunny stuff. She's my princess and a light in my life, and I love her so much so that she probably gets annoyed. LOL

Cinnamon Bun and Me

My husband and I decided to move to New Mexico when an opportunity arose. Since we moved here, I feel a lot happier probably because it's not as hot as Phoenix and also not as crowded. I met some people that I like and made a lot of animal friends. My husband seems to like Phoenix better because it does get cold here in winter and he doesn't like the cold, but I've decided that I'm never moving back to Phoenix and he understands that. Now we're buying a house here in New Mexico and finally settling down. I have a lot of ideas for the huge house on 5 acres we're acquiring and I'm very excited, but the house is about one hour away from where we currently live and I'll miss everybody here so much!

Hiking with Friends

 

About Cinnamon Bun (rabbit)

When I first met Cinnamon Bun, she was a 6-week old baby. I'm not proud to say it, but I found her on craigslist. I went to meet a woman at a Starbucks in a Fry's grocery store with my husband. She brought eight baby bunnies in a small toy carrier and showed us each one. I wasn't sure if I was really going to bring one home but I couldn't go home without one after seeing those beautiful baby bunnies! It was really difficult to choose one and it probably took me more than 30 minutes but I chose Cinnamon Bun. We were told that Cinnamon Bun was a dwarf Holland Lop boy, and we shouldn't feed her hay because it's messy, just pellets, veggies, and fruits would do. However, everything turned out to be different... We believed that she was a boy but she never developed boy parts, and she doesn't look anything like a dwarf Holland Lop...LOL I'm actually glad that she's a girl because I can call her princess and use pink for everything! I believe that she's a Japanese Harlequin and Holland Lop mix because the woman who we got Cinnamon Bun from mentioned that Cinnamon Bun's grandfather is Japanese Harlequin and Cinnamon Bun looks a little bit like a Harlequin. It's funny that Cinnamon Bun has Japanese ancestry!

Baby rabbit on a couch
Baby Cinnamon Bun

 

All rabbits have different personalities just like humans. Cinnamon Bun is extremely bossy, curious, skittish, and addicted to head petting. She violently forces her head under our hands when petting stops and gets mad when we ignore her petting order! I really think that she considers herself a princess and that me and my husband are her servants. LOL I hear that some rabbits don't mind being picked up and being cuddled but Cinnamon Bun hates being picked up. She basically doesn't let us do anything she doesn't approve; everything requires an approval of the princess in this tiny palace with wheels (we currently live in a fifth wheel RV, which has been taken over by Cinnamon Bun)... The only time we can pick her up is when we trim her nails because she gets too scared to escape!

Cinnamon Bun Getting Her Nails Trimmed

 

I was inspired by a popular YouTube channel called Lennon the Bunny and decided to make Cinnamon Bun a free-roam bun! Read my blog post How My Rabbit Became Free-roam to find out how Cinnamon Bun became a free-roam bunny.                             
I share my life with Cinnamon Bun in this blog. It includes rabbit care information, travel, and anything else that is relevant to our life together. I hope we can help or inspire somebody, or somebunny!🐰

Check out Cinnamon Bun's YouTube channel!



Comments

Post a Comment